Here is my question for experienced connoisseurs of kombucha.
For some time I learned about the culture of kombucha, and knowing that it is possible to start a culture with a few filaments of kombucha, I decided to buy a bottle to drink in an organic store or floated a small disk of the fungus.
However I drank it (and spilled it .. yes I’m clumsy!
) And so there wasn’t much left of the record.
Hoping that it reformed, I left the bottle at room temperature, and covered with a gauze pad. Except that the bottle has been like this for about 1 month …. and on the bottle it is written to consume within 8 days.
So I don’t wish to consume it now, I actually wish now that the disc has reformed (it is much bigger than the little that was there after having drunk and spilled it) to make my strain grow. by feeding it with tea and continuing the process as it is usually recommended …
But I’m afraid that the strain has become “toxic”, with bad bacteria …
Do I still try to make it grow and see how it evolves (visual state, mold) or is it really dangerous?
Well yes they are still living bacteria so it is sure that even if it works I will not drink 1 liter the first day.
Thank you for reading me and for trying to answer my question. See you
soon, I hope!
I make my own kombucha and also buy it in store. It must be the same drink you have by the way, karma kombucha, right?
In short, for the purchase price of a bottle, I will not risk contamination. Rather, redo your culture.
It will take you a little while, but in the meantime, you can easily find it in organic stores in the fresh section.
I hope that helped you and good kombucha to you!