pollen and allergies
I would like to know if there is any contraindication to consuming pollen as a supplement if you are subject to pollen allergies (during the spring: fairly moderate hay fever).
In fact, I have little red pimples that have appeared on my face (no more than 2-3 a day), and which don’t look like acne blemishes at all.
Is it possible that the pollen in balls is allergenic in the same way as the pollen that we breathe? If so, are other forms of pollen in addition less allergenic?
and if not, it is even easier to stop consumption, that’s for sure :-))
The pollen carried by the wind can indeed cause allergies but not that collected by bees.
You can therefore eat pollen if you wish and even exceed the dose of twenty grams per day (forty grams per day, for example).
Pollen is contraindicated in renal failure. In this case, the advice of a doctor is required.
We can indeed distinguish the “anemophilous” pollens carried by the wind and responsible for allergies and the “entomophilic” pollens of bees which a priori are not, and I have long shared the position of vegetarian on this point
Yet I know two cases, some, where the consumption of pollen grains triggered a hyper violent reaction, one was only narrowly saved
The second was a pharmacist who had eaten a piece of honeycomb brought by a customer, there is yet very few pollen grains in the honey, but it looked like a rabbit with myxomatosis
So it’s rather rare, but it does exist
for my part, I have been consuming pollen for about 10-15 days; so apart from 2 or 3 small red buttons, I did not make any other reaction. Could there be a lag time before a possible stronger reaction? Should I remain vigilant? That said, I am not overly alarmed, as you say, Professor Petzouille, this kind of case should not be very common, otherwise there would be warnings.
Thank you for your advice, Vegetarien and Pr Petzouille; I am (all the same) reassured, and happy to have more information.
Be completely reassured indeed because if you were concerned, you would have known it in the following minute, because the response of the organism is overwhelming
For the future, a priori, no risk, but the world of allergy sometimes reserves surprises and one can become allergic, suddenly to a product perfectly tolerated before, it happens
I have been consuming fresh pollen for about 2 months at the rate of a teaspoon per day, and I have developed for 1 month 1/2, an allergy that I have a lot of trouble getting rid of and indeed it looks like little red buttons that I’m not used to seeing. For a week, I have stopped taking pollen and the condition of my skin is improving. It is true that I was reluctant to consume it because I am more or less allergic, in particular to propolis. It’s a shame to have to stop, because it’s good for the whole body. A +
against allergies, take blackcurrant buds
what do you think of that miss “noresantebella nickname who comes to sell her shit and who is part of the crook site !!
This url no longer exists
This url no longer exists