your opinion on energy bar recipe (no protein powder)
Hi, I found an energy bar recipe on the internet that didn’t include any protein powder and I wanted to try it out for fun.
Basically it looks like this (I leave the American measurements and I put a legend below corresponding to the traditional measurements):
– 1 “cup” of peanut butter
– 1/2 “cup” of honey
– 1 sachet of vanilla sugar (or a little vanilla extract)
– 1/3 “cup” of sunflower seeds
– 2/3 “cup” of raisins
– 3 “tablespoons”
– 1/3 cup plundered coconut (grated, powder, …)
– 3 cup of puffed rice (like rice krispies cereals) there the recipe said “puffed brown rice” but I did not find …
– 1 Egg (I’m afraid that more than one makes the mixture too liquid)
– nuts in pieces
– fines in pieces
– Mix the peanut butter, honey, vanilla and egg in a large dish.
– In another dish, mix the sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, raisins, coconut and walnuts.
– Mix everything in the 1st dish (in the peanut butter, etc.); it is effective to go there squarely by hand, without hesitating to mix well to make the dough homogeneous.
– Gradually incorporate the puffed rice in the same way.
– Butter a container of the size of your choice knowing that it will be necessary to unmold everything and then cut “bars”.
– Put in the freezer for 2-3 hours then unmold and cut the bars with a good big knife!
note: it is so rich and fatty that it will never be totally frozen; I also leave my cut bars in the freezer so that it remains quite firm.
Here, I was so happy with the result and to have been able to find a recipe to make energy bars for a lot less than on the market that I told myself that I was going to share it with you.
All the same, hoping for your constructive opinions to perhaps even improve it.
So, what do you think?
Any ideas to make this recipe more protein without the use of these overpriced powders?
it’s already a very good idea that you had the you can make your snacks yourself that’s cool because when you see the prices of bars and other supplements you quickly forget lol.
in terms of protein intake it deserves reflection I will try to find one or more things added in order to have more protein
yes do not hesitate if you have an idea please 🙂